Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Veggie Soup in a Sippy cup


I just got this idea from the fact that my daughter likes to drink her soup with a straw and than eat the rest with spoon. Well my 13 month old son, no wait 14 month old (wow time flies), wants to feed him self, period. Well, since I do not want to have any soup in all 3 dimensions I thought of an idea to put the soup in one of those disposable sippy cups with straw.
It worked great except Nick loooves to pull the straw out. Well, I will search for unpullable straw sippy during my next shopping adventure.

1 Carrot
1 stalk of Celery
1 yellow Squash
1/2 or 1 small Broccoli head
1/2 c butter beans (soak of from can)
2 tbsp flour
Oil
Salt
1 tbsp of some kind of herbs dry or fresh - parsley, marjoram, oregano etc.
4 c boiling water

Chop all the veggies to small pieces and saute over 1 tbsp oil. Add flour and mix well to coat the veggies.
Add the hot water and mix.
Add beans and cook for about 15-20 minutes.
Add salt and herbs and turn it off.
I like to use the hand blender - wand. So I do not have to pour hot soups in blenders. 1st its dangerous and 2nd I don't like washing so many dishes. ;-)
All done
PS - it taste well even without the blending. Enjoy

No comments: